LAST UPDATED JUNE 27, 2022
- Our website located at https://hearthdisplay.com/ (the “Website”);
- Our software application for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “App”);
- Our social media pages located at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hearth-display, https://www.facebook.com/hearthdisplay/, https://twitter.com/HearthDisplay, https://www.instagram.com/hearthdisplay/, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxKPYdAxeQK8fWKPIN8My0w, and https://www.pinterest.com/hearthdisplay/ (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”);
- Our connected Hearth Display device for standalone use or for use in connection with the App (the “Device”);
- Offline interactions you have with us.
Collectively, we refer to the Website, App, Social Media Pages, Device, emails, and other communications and interactions as the “Services.”
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Information through the Services, including:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- Payment card data
- Your contacts, photos, and calendar information, with your permission
- Information you provide about you and your family
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services.
- We collect Personal Information through the Services, for example, when you sign up for our waitlist or email updates, register an account to access the Services, submit information about you or your family, attend one of our events, place an order online or over the phone, or contact customer service.
- From Other Sources.
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- publicly available databases;
- joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your account and providing you with related benefits, promotions, and customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To complete your transactions, process returns and exchanges, verify your information, and provide you with related benefits, promotions, and customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to another person through the Services, if you choose to do so.
- Providing you with email updates and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products or features, and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with content, information, and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information. Please read those additional rules before choosing to participate.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud prevention and fraud security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, return authorization, fraud prevention, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service or related benefits (including special promotions), email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On calendars, message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other public-facing services to which you are able to post information and content, including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these public services and social media platforms will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. You may also choose to share your Personal Information, such as your family information and calendar, with other users.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you, or others. We may use, disclose, or transfer your information to a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
With your permission, we may publicly recognize you as a user of the Services, or otherwise use your Personal Information or other content that you voluntarily submit to us via our Website or Social Media Pages, for referral, testimonial, example, or publicity purposes.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Your use of the App.
- When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Physical Location.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to detect your time zone for an accurate display of the calendar features within the Services as well as to provide you with other personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses, but, if you do, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
You may opt out from receiving marketing-related emails from us by following the instructions contained in each such email. If you opt out, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out. You may opt out from receiving text messages from us by replying “STOP” to any such message.
If you would like to request to access, correct, or delete Personal Information we have collected from or about you, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the App or our Social Media Pages.
USE OF THE SERVICES BY CHILDREN
Our Services are primarily directed to adults, including parents and legal guardians. When registering a family account to use the Services, adult users have the option to create additional user profiles linked to the family account for their family members, including children under 13 years of age. Such children will be able to provide Personal Information through the Services, such as their age, photo, date of birth, and calendar information. Personal Information provided by minors will only be visible to the other users of the same family account.
A parent or guardian may contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below with a request to review, delete, and/or restrict further collection, use, or disclosure of any Personal Information associated with their child.
Your Right To Request Removal of Content
If you are a resident of California, under 18, and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by writing to: email@example.com Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
We are located in the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Services, you understand that your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE
364 Lincoln Pl, #E7
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.